Edit

(Blog is currently going through a second edit.)

by Ayako

Friday, May 13, 2011

EVOLUTION STEP NO. 3: Learn How to (Better) Take Care of Myself

I was starting to get anemic because I wasn't eating meat. Yikes!

The Buddha sez:
We need take care of ourselves before we can help others, so I need to learn how to better take care of myself, so that I can be helpful to others.

N. B.
  • If I'm eating a Veggie only diet, I need to make sure to consume enough:
    • Iron
      • Source: Green leafy things like spinach, kale, etc.;
      • Don't like green leafy things like me? 
        • Eat dark-colored dried fruit (like apricots, raisins, dates, etc.)
      • Don't like chewing like me? (I'm lazy.) 
        • The seaweed in Miso Soup.
        • Ohitashi - yum!! 
          • I should grow some spinach in the yard.
    • Calcium
      • Source: Hmm. Women tend to get osteoporosis. Pills, for now.
    • Fat (like Omega 3)
      • Source: Omega 3 tablets, in the form of fish oil.
    • Vitamin B12 
      • Source: Pills, Yeast.
        • The body does a good job storing vitamin B12, so you won't feel a deficiency for a long time, even if you don't eat meat.
        • You can get B12 from yeast. I put brewer's yeast or nutritional yeast on my popcorn (which is a very healthy snack if you make popcorn the traditional way). The yeast adds a cheesy taste, which is actually pretty yummy! You can make perfect popcorn every time - learn how!
  • For more info, click here;
Conclusions:
  • I will eat meat immediately in copious amounts, until I feel strong again;
  • When I stop eating meat, I will supplement my diet with multi-vitamins; and
  • Relax. Stop working so much.
    • Too much stuff going on in the World. I need time to process.
See you later, alligator!

No comments:

Post a Comment