Edit

(Blog is currently going through a second edit.)

by Ayako

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving

I have absolutely no plans for Thanksgiving.
It's the first time that's ever happened, ever since I started celebrating Thanksgiving in college. (I am an immigrant. I became a U.S. citizen when I was 26 years old.)
With very few exceptions, I've always cooked my own Turkey.
It's the first time I allowed myself to have no plans for Thanksgiving.
I uninvited some guests from a Turkey dinner that was supposed to happen at my house, last minute (sorry guys!).
It didn't feel right to have Thanksgiving this year, for various reasons.
What a relief!
I feel like I have a four day vacation ahead of me.
What would I do if I had four days off?
From EVERYTHING?
I'm about to find out. It's like an experiment. It's unheard of!
I might crash someone else's Thanksgiving for a change, if that feels right.
Or I might go somewhere beautiful. (Not hard in the bay area.)
See something that inspires me. (Lots of choices.)
And feel the contentment of a simple life.
I give the turkey a BIG thanks for that.
Gobble gobble, to you.
I'm thinking about driving up the coast in my bio-beetle with the doggies.
Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment